Welcome to Q&A with Bhakti Caitanya Swami!
Feel free to submit any questions you may have in relation to the process of bhakti yoga (Krishna consciousness) or philosophical questions about the purpose and meaning of life.
Please note that some of the questions submitted here will be published on this page for the benefit of others. Your queries may offer help to other spiritual practitioners. If you would like to remain anonymous, kindly let us know.
Without getting into the terminology here “leaving your spirit uneasy” I think we’re just talking about a fairly typical experience. A general experience that everyone has from time to time. That you have some interaction with someone and they upset you, they disturb you, in some way or another. Maybe they criticize you, generally that … Continue reading How do you get over anger towards someone who leaves your spirit uneasy?
MORE FROM CATEGORY
- Sometimes during kirtan, we hear it a bit frequently; some devotees tend to glorify ‘Radha Radha Radha’ or ‘Vrindavan me Radhe Radhe Radhe’ and so on. This song is very popular amongst devotees, we also hear devotees sing similar types of mantras during kirtan. Please could you give some light on this?
- Regarding the question of trustworthiness, that implies someone being trustworthy to someone else. It occurred to me, we have the example of the drunk doctor who gave very good advice to Srila Prabhupada if I’m not mistaken, to take morning walks. He certainly wasn’t self-controlled and yet in that specific way he was trustworthy. Conversely we’ve seen examples of very advanced devotees who are very fixed who may not have given the perfect ideal advice in terms of material considerations about a career or marriage or health etc. and so could you kindly speak a few words on this?
- Should one go on pilgrimage or should one stay and do service in one’s area? Will that be sufficient?
- Regarding association with devotees, we look forward to it. Sometimes due to politics, back biting or fault finding, devotee’s comment saying they feel so miserable. They compare with the outside people feeling that the outside people are better. Please comment.
- How do you cleanse your spirit from past experiences that left you hurt?